St. Paul, MN is emerging as a place to go for a great dining experience. The options are plentiful across the city with new joints and old haunts all over town. They are both delicious and socially conscious while keeping prices as low as possible for you.
1. The Saint Dinette in St. Paul
The Saint Dinette is a French inspired St. Paul, MN eatery which brings flavor from markets “just down the street” to provide the freshest dining experience this side of the St. Lawrence River. At Saint Dinette you can find a nice range of main dishes that accommodates most palates.
- Shishito Peppers $8
- Churros $12
- Octopus $15
- Bologna $12
- Trout $22
- Short Ribs $24
- Side Orders
Sides include Fries, Potato Latkes, Collard Greens, and a Drop Biscuit. Prices range from five to seven dollars.
- Sorbet $4
- Cobbler $8
- Flapjacks with Vanilla Butter $8
2. Joan’s in the Park of St. Paul
Located smack dab in the middle of Highland Park in St. Paul; Joan’s serves up North American Fare five evenings a week. Joan’s In The Park won the 2016 Charlie Award for Outstanding Restaurant. They also were named Top-Ten Mom Owned Restaurants in America and 50 Best Restaurants in 2017.
- Steak Tartare $15
- Lobster Toast $15
- Spicy Kale Caesar
- Red Mizuna Lettuces $14
- Milk Braised Pork Shank $29
- New Bedford Day Boat Scallops $30
- Slow Cooked Beef Cheek $30
- Market Fish $-Based on seasonal availability and market rate.
9 Dollar Desserts
- Signature Brown Butter Pudding
- Chocolate Pot De Crème
- Semolina Cake
3. Tongue In Cheek in St. Paul, MN
Tongue In Cheek is “The” place for brunch in St. Paul, Minnesota. They offer brunch specials every day except Monday. You can get 2 Teasers, 1 Eye Opener, 1 Entrée, and 1 Coffee for $28 during brunch hours. Tongue In Cheek strongly believes in using animal products raised in a humane and sustainable manner. They believe a happy life makes for happy food.
Teasers for 3 Dollars
- Octopus Prime
- The Blues
- Smaller Plates
- Steamed Pork Buns, Sweet Pickles, and Stone Fruit $9
- Cucumber Pad Thai Salad, Cashew, and Cilantro $8
- Gravlox Tortilla, Horseradish, Avocado, Red Onion $11
- Ramen, Bacon Dashi, Egg, Pork Belly, Sweet Pickles, Kimchi, Noodles, Nori $19
- Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, Scallion Avocado, Cilantro $16-Vegan
- Pork Belly, Sun Chokes, Micro Kale, Peas and Mint, Chestnut $23
- Walnut and Sea Salt Chocolate Truffle $2-Vegan
- Chocolate Ode To The Dome $9
- Rum Poached Pineapple and Cashews $7-Vegan
6 Course Tasting Menu
- Carnivore $60 with Drinks $95
Herbivore $50 with Drinks $85
*Happy Hour Everyday 4-7 p.m.
These are only a small sample of what you can find around St. Paul, however each of these places is sure to please your palate and put a smile on your face.
If you love history as much as we do, you should consider taking a tour of the home of one of the founding fathers of Minnesota; the historic Alexander Ramsey House located in heart of St. Paul.